This August, continue to take action with NJ-08 For Progress to demand better transportation that improves our economy, protects our environment and preserves our quality of life.
1. Promote Complete Streets in Your Municipality – Our dense urban landscape needs complete streets, designed and operated to enable safe access for all users, including pedestrians, bicyclists, motorists and transit riders of all ages and abilities.
But there is still a long way to go to assure universal access--and all of these decision happen on the local level. Take action where you live, by joining with a local advocacy group, or asking your local lawmakers where they stand:
- Jersey City: Sign a petition for a Complete Street on Bergen Avenue, join the campaigns of BikeJC and Safe Streets JC, and speak to the City Council.
- Hoboken: Join with Bike Hoboken, and speak to the City Council.
- Newark: Join with Newark Bike Project, Safe Streets Newark, and speak to the Municipal Council.
- Speak to legislative bodies in Bayonne, Elizabeth, Kearny, Weehawken, West New York, Union City, Harrison, Guttenberg,North Bergen, and Fairview.
2. Keep sending your #TransportationWishList - What transportation improvements would you like to see? Quicker PATH trains? Cheaper ferry service? Dedicated bike lanes? Post #transportationwishlist and be sure to tag @NJ08forProgress and @RepSires.
At the end of the month we will compile our list and send it to Congressman Sires.